7th July 2018
Sun Safety Guidelines
Thornford CE Primary School – SUN SAFETY GUIDELINES
THE ROLE OF SCHOOL STAFF
- To encourage parents to provide pupils with their own named sun cream SPF of 15 or greater
- Allow time during school for the application of sun cream, by the children
- Encourage parents to ensure that their children have appropriate cover up clothing such as HATS and Tshirts
- Encourage children to use shaded areas on the field and playground
- Encourage pupils without hats to stay in the shade
- Encourage staff and pupils to be role models for younger pupils.
THE ROLE OF PARENTS
- Parents are asked to support and encourage the school sun safety guidelines
- To apply appropriate SPF of 15 or greater prior to attending school (Boots Soltan ONCE recommended)
- To provide appropriate named sunscreen for their child to use themselves before lunchtime
- To sign a class list (in the school office) giving permission for your child’s teacher/teaching assistant to supervise your child applying their own sunscreen.