FTS – Welcome to the Friends of Thornford School
Thornford School is so proud of the highly supportive parental involvement with our school and welcome any parent / carer to join our friendly, sociable committee.
The FTS requires volunteers to help prepare for and to man events in order to raise funds – every single penny goes to the school for the next exciting project! If you are able to help out it would be much appreciated, so please contact either Elaine Harding on email@example.com/mob 07725625542 or join our Friends of Thornford School Facebook page and let. Alternatively please feel free to add your name to the rota in the school office -every little helps!
FTS – Who Are They?
The PTA (parent, teacher association) for the school. A committee of willing, helpful parents, carers and teachers.
What Do They Do ?
Organise fundraising events for the school to fund those things that in a climate of ever increasing budget cuts the school can not fund.
What Sort of Events Do They Organise ?
- School Discos – (Autumn, Spring and Summer)
- Christmas and Summer Fayres
- Sponsored Events
- Cheese and Wine evening
- Adult Discos and Band Night
What do They Do With The Funds Raised
All funds raised are used to purchase items or pay towards educational experiences that will enhance your child’s educational journey. Examples of the items that have been purchased for the school from funds are;
- Pay £3 per child to subsidise travel on all school trips
- Purchase ipod docking station and sound mixer to use for plays and productions.
- Pay towards visiting productions and Life Van
- Purchase bike rack and additional reception trikes
- Contribute to outside classroom and new canopies
- Purchase Christmas crackers for xmas lunches
- Provide Ice Lollies to all children on sports day
- Purchase class Christmas presents
- Contribute to external walkway/external play equipment
What Does a Committee Member do?
Help organise events, Help at fundraising events, attend a meeting approximately once every 6 weeks.
Why Become a Committee Member ?
To meet other parents and make new friends, learn more about your child’s journey through the school, maintain the wonderful community feel of this lovely village school, help to enhance your child’s school experience.
Who Can Become a Member?
Anybody– no qualifications required, just enthusiasm, a willingness to help and the ability to give a little time from your busy schedule. Its all to easy to leave it to someone else and say you don’t have time however the more members and helpers that come forward the easier it is for everyone.